Week 12 Lab, Advice to Writers

 

                            Source: Wikimedia


    This is the lab assignment for the option "Advice to Writers." While reading the interviews on the website, I wanted to particularly focus on how the writers overcome writer's block and the best advice they have received. I thought that it would be a good idea to learn from the best. Here are some of the things I might wanna try to cope up with my own writer's block (if I ever have one) and other advice I felt was important:
  • Write. Keep writing, even if you feel it's bad writing. You can edit it later.
  • Read a lot.
  • Try working on more than one project at a time. Not too many, though!
  • Turn off distractions! 
  • Leave out the boring bits.
  • Take a break. Reset.
  • Finish up the first draft. Do not focus on if it's good or bad. Finish it.
  • Go out for a walk.
  • If you keep showing up for your work, you'll find your way eventually.
Link to the website: ATW INTERVIEWS

Comments

Popular Posts