Week 4 Story: The First Death

 


  Note: Here's the link to the updated story on my portfolio. Please click here to read the updated version.

    Hello children! Today I want to tell you a story... story of Aksha. Who am I? Haha, I completely forgot to introduce myself- I am Yama, the god of death. 
   Long ago, when Sita was being held at Ashoka Grove, the son of wind, Hanuman came bearing Rama's message. A message of hope, that Rama will rescue her, that she will be safe. Hanuman showed Sita Rama's ring. It meant she could trust him. Sita was overjoyed that her husband finally found her! While she was daydreaming about getting reunited with her husband, she heard Hanuman clear his throat. "What is wrong, Hanuman?" she asked. She, then, suddenly realized that it was not Hanuman's throat but his stomach that was growling in hunger. Lanka was far, and Hanuman was hungry. Sita chuckled a bit, but she didn't have any food to offer the Pavanputra. She looked around and the grove, and there were fruits, a lot of fruits. Sita offered Hanuman all the fruits at the Ashoka grove. Hanuman was so excited being finally offered food. He thanked her and started jumping from tree to tree and eating fruits. 
    Soon the Rakshasas started noticing and shooing him away, but Hanuman threw fruits at them. It was chaos. Ravana saw this and ordered his son, Aksha, to kill the monkey. Yet, Hanuman was stronger and killed Aksha first. I knew what was going to happen, so I was there, behind an Ashoka tree, waiting to take Aksha with me. After all, time is money, haha! 
    It took Aksha a few moments to realize that he died. He was sorry he disappointed his father. "Hop on," I said. Normally I don't let anyone ride my Buffalo, but this kid looked really sorry, so I let him. When we were flying away, I realized the kid had a frail smile on his face. He had sorted his emotions out. What emotions, you ask? That is for you to decide. After all, I am only a god of death; I barely know how psychology works. 

Author's Note: This story was the story of Aksha's death. He was supposedly the first casualty of the war. I thought that it would be really cool if Yama told this story. I did not change a lot of things but just added Yama in the scenario. To me, the realization Aksha had was supposed to be that his father was on the wrong side of things, but you can really make it whatever you want. 

Comments

  1. Hi Rishikaa,

    I absolutely love the attitude you have for this story and for the god of death, Yama. He totally does not care what is going on, just that he gets the person who died. This is also a unique telling of the story from The Ramayana. I read the book version and Hanuman goes and destroys Lanka at his own will (not because he is hungry haha). I am also doing a Storybook over Vahanas of the Gods, so hearing about his buffalo was really interesting to me! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Risikaa,

    I really enjoyed reading over your story, and feel like you did a great job! I also feel like it is a unique telling of the story from the Ramayana, but you made it your own. The imagery you used in your story was nice, and I could picture what was going on throughout.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts