Topic Brainstorm

Rama slays Ravana

    I am not sure what themes I want to incorporate but here are the characers I am most interested in:
  • Shiva: I am very interested in covering the story of Shiva and reading about it. I also could make Ravana tell the story, which I think can be very fun if done right. Gavin Flood called Shiva a "god of ambiguity and paradox" and I think that is very cool and I would want to research more about it. 
  • Ravana: I think Ravana would be a very good character to write a storybook on. I personally love villians. A few years back I read a book called Asura: Tale of the Vanquished, I never finished it but the book retold the story of Ramayana through the eyes of Ravana. I think itt would be fun to do  somethink like that. It might also give me a chance to actually re-start that book and finish it!
  • Sages and Gurus: Sages, Gurus, and teachers in the Indian culture have been put in the highest of regards. I am particularly interested in reading more about Drona with how he treated Ekalavya and was it justified? I am also interested in the story of Parshurama. I have heard so much about his agression but I never have really looked much into him. 
  • Rakshasas: Did I say I am into villians? I love looking at stories from the other point of view. Were villians bad? Why were they porttrayed like this? The ones I am particulary interested are- Ghatotkacha (as he was the sun of Bheem), Hidimbi, and Shurpanakha. 
    I think as I would read more, I would get a more clear perspective of how I want to retell these stories. 

Comments

Popular Posts