Favorite Place

 My favorite place in this whole world is my grandparents' old house. I grew up in that house. I am not fond of the whole house per se, but there's an elevated platform on its rooftop that has a very calming effect on me. I have sat there and watched so many sunsets; it was beautiful. I, however, do not have a picture of the place, so I'm going to give you my second favorite place. 

Rajasthan:

I tried to narrow it down, but I couldn't. Rajasthan is a state in India, and the reason I'm so fond of it is because of its forts, places of worship, and palaces. I love visiting places that are old- like old old. I also get very excited by pretty architecture. Rajasthan has so many forts it is crazy! Here are some of my favorite places in Rajasthan: 


Lakshmi Niwas Palace, Bikaner, Rajasthan
Source: Wikipedia



Mehrangarh Fort, Jodhpur, Rajasthan
Source: Wikipedia


Jagdish Temple, Udaipur, Rajasthan
Source: Wikipedia


Hawa Mahal, Jaipur, Rajasthan
Source: Wikipedia

Comments

  1. Ohhhh, how great that you have been to these wonderful places in Rajasthan, and thank you for sharing all these great pictures, Rishikaa! In terms of the epics, that part of India is associated with the Matsya kingdom of King Virata who will be an important character in the Mahabharata coming up for class. I wish we could magically all take class field trips to visit these beautiful places in India together... seeing pictures is wonderful, of course, but a magical flying carpet would be even better! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts